Aug 14, 2012

The Return of "Girl Power": Spice Girls in London 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony

*I don't own these pics. Credit as labeled. Thanks*
I was in elementary when I became a fan of the Spice Girls. I specifically love Baby Spice (Emma Bunton)because of her cute pigtails. I even had my walls plastered with their faces and I had cassette tapes (kase yun pa ang uso noon) and VHS tape of Spice World (Thanks to my Ate)!

And so I was so excited when I found out that The Spice Girls will have a closing ceremony performance on London 2012 Olympics. I believe they became a trending topic in Twitter for a few days. I stayed up until 4am Manila time just to watch it.! Yay! The performance was superb that even though they'll be nearing 60's they could still bring the house down! They performed their hits "Wannabe" and "Spice up Your Life." Sarap sigurong maging Spice Girl.... hahahah #chos. Brings back all the memories!



Parang kelan lang mga bata pa kami... Now I'm on my 20's and possibly they're on their late 30's or possible early 40's. But I'm so glad that they still have that Girl Power in them that even the new generation would make a second look. Goodness! They debuted some 15 years ago! Gosh! Im sooo old! hahahhaha

I think the Spice Girls is still the best girl British-act of all time. 

If there's The Beatles... there The Spice Girls.... and I sure love them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?