Sep 6, 2013

Don't English Me! I'm Panic!

I've been in the BPO industry for quite some time and when I get on the phone I always communicate the only second language I know and that's English. I can converse, I sometimes get their humor but I personally think I have acceptable English accent. Not flawless, Ok? I am not a product of Ateneo or La Salle and I was so maarte back in high school that's why it drove me to read and watch English materials.

But seriously.... Seriously, I think my English is deteriorating overtime. Or is it because I feel much comfortable talking over the phone than personal.

I have three expats for a boss. One Indian and Two Americans. And Seriously! Every time I wanted to say something my tongue is always stuck to the roof of my mouth. Tsk tsk tsk. I tried to formulate my words and they end up not understanding me because of my jumbled words. I mean, I know I can do better than that!. I've been doing this for a long time!

Eto eksena... I was assigned in doing validation of ALL clients (kakalowka nalulunod na ako sa dami ng ivavalidate) then my boss was also expecting me to do converts! see how swamped I was!

I mean to ask him whats my job description as of the moment so I called him...

Me: "Boss ***"
Boss: "Yes?" (He turned to look at me)
Me: "Can I ask?"
Boss: "What?"
Me: (Gusto ko sanang sabihin na anu ba ang ipa-prioritize ko? Validation ba or Converting Clients?) "Boss what do... what do......." breathe in and out, "No... nothing, boss.." Then went back to my work.

I'm sure my boss wanted to scratch his head... hahahah!!


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. haha! alam mo yan! wait im trying to follow ur blog pero walang option???

      Delete
  2. )))... Yeeees, I know this kind of situation;)
    xoxo
    http://www.maman-modeuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what do in situation ;)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog ;)

    http://closertotheedgeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?