May 5, 2014

The Heirs (2013) *Spoiler Alert*


From Wikipedia: The series follows a group of rich, privileged, and elite high school students as they are groomed to take over their families' business empires. These wealthy students seem to have everything under control, except their love lives.
*******
Literally means: One who wants to wear the crown, Bears the crown. Over all, the drama was able to portray and convey its title to the viewers. Kim Tan wanted to wear his crown of love so despite the hardship and the obstacle that he and Cha Eun Sang had to face, he still got the girl. Kim Won who was so excessively jealous of his younger brotherm gets the crown of success at the expense of his love life (which really sucks btw). Choi Young Do finally manned up and started to trade his thrills to  stability after waking up.

This is the second Lee Min Ho drama I've watched (City Hunter was the first. Damn damn damn! He was smokin' hot! And nope! I didnt watch BoF because I'm a true blue Meteor Garden fan.) and I am not disappointed with his acting skills. Only sometimes with his outfit in the drama. I was like, "What the heck does Sarimanok is doing in one of LMH's shirt?????" Hahhahahaha And the tweed suit was oh sooooo freaking bad hahahhahaha!!!!

Kim Woo Bin (Choi Young Do) was oh so perfect in playing the part of a bully boy gangster and he's really cool! At one point I started rooting for him picking on PSH.

This is the 3rd time I'm watching Park Shin Hye. The first was with Jang Geun Suk and then Heartstrings. for me shes always goo. Even in this drama. She has exceptional acting skills. Her major epic fail that I noticed was her kissing scenes with LMH. I mean.... its too awkward to watch. Sayang LMH can do proper kiss pa naman... hay..... 

I think this is the 3rd Kim Eun Sook drama I've watched. (Shes also the writer for Secret Garden and A Gentleman's Dignity) And so far I can say that I enjoyed every bits and pieces of it. And I agree to the recent blog review that I read a couple of days ago, KES likes his male lead to be an alpha male. Obsessive and possessive-- which btw is way super ok for me because I'm a sucker for that type of thing. And also, I like how she was able to incorporate classic literature to her stories (In Secret Garden it was The Little Mermaid and in The Heirs it was a Midsummer Nights Dream)

I would give this drama a ★★★★★ for giving me an over all good impression. There were no dull moments. I didnt have to skip and scenes and I love each and every character. So congratulations to the castand crew. Great Job!

PS: I wanna get Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and a Dream Catcher... Hahhahahah #chos

Your enemies are not the ones who hold their swords against you. They are the ones who stand by you with their daggers behind their back.
— 
Choi Young Do - Heirs




1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for stopping my blog and leaving a comment. Nice page you have here too (I like that you have a little bit of everything!) I love that last quote you included from Young Do too. What can we say but Young Do did get ALL the good quotes :D :D

    P.S. I am a HUGE advocate for Meteor Garden too. Super classic, and IMO, 20 thousand times better than Boys Over Flowers. Only wish more people gave MG the chance <3

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?