Nov 9, 2014

The Spectacular Now

Saturday's became my movie marathon day and this movie is just one of the Shailene Woodley movies I've watched in just a span of 7 hours. You see, after checking out The Fault in Our Stars, I was introduced too to Divergent (which I think was awesome, btw) and this movie, The Spectacular Now. (Please check out the plot. I'm not really good at writing one... kekeke)

So what's so special about this movie that I had to blog about this? Well, this is the story of a guy who is the life of every high school parties, got one of the hottest girl in the school, got his own job and drives his own car. But then that's just about it. He lives in the 'now'. Until every body started thinking about the future. So "stuff" happened and made a big realization.

Compared to other kids, I haven’t had that many hardships. Not really. You know, shits happened. Stuff has happened, sure. But stuff always happens, right? But the real challenge in my life, the real hardship, is me. It’s always been me...
and 
It’s fine to just live in the now, but the best part about now is, there’s another one tomorrow. And I’m gonna start making them count
--Sutter Keely 

And there it goes.... bulls eye. The movie was very subtle but its something that will surely leave a bite mark to your heart. (Thanks tita reens)

The Spectacular now is an American romantic comedy drama film starring Miles teller and Shailene Woodly which premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?