May 28, 2015

What Happened When I Cut Back on SNS

Facebook. Twitter. Instagram. These are the first three things that goes into my mind when I wake up and the last things my eyes are seeing before I go to sleep. It's good to be updated on the latest chika's from friends. Kung sino ang nagaway, parinigan, venting out their frustrations (whether in a classy or crass way) or who's travelling where and eating what. Seriously.... I could spend the whole day sitting in front of my computer or at my bed flipping through from my phone. All important things... flew out of the window. Wala na akong nagagawa.

So I decided to cut back. And here's what happened:

1. My Closet's Well Organize
After laundry I get to fold my clothes and not just dumped on my clean hamper. After all... cluttered space are cluttered mind.
2. Well-Dusted Room. 
Asthmatic patients needs the room dusted regularly. Thanks for cutting back I 
have more time to do this E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y.
3. Complete Sleep. 
Congratulate me! I have at least 6 hours everyday. I used to enjoy browsing at the expense of my sleep. Very bad for the skin. #HelloAgeing!!!
4. Always on Time For Work. 
More time to prepare. Blow dry my hair and think of better work wear. It's either I'm late or a buzzer beater before but ne... My boss was quite happy. :)
5. More Time to Pray and Read the Bible. 
Seriously friends, I'm no perfect by all means, don't get me wrong. I go to church. I pray. I read the bible. and spending "so much" time browsing has completely side-tracked me. 
6. Quality Time. Seriously. 
The Internet are robbing us of quality time with our family and friends. So I make it a point to interact and really listen.

Don't get me wrong. I still check my news feed and post a thing or two every time something interests me but I've learn to mindset myself not to stay too much on my phone or pc. My Viber and Facebook messenger are the one's that I'm constantly connected because of work but at least the change is very much refreshing and liberating. Bottomline is I have more time doing important things.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Congratulations my friend. This is a good reminder. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank mare.... laking oras nawawala sakin kapag nawili ako. kaya browse browse lang ng very light sa office or minsan sa bahay pero i always have to remind myself... "sandali ka lang... sandali ka lang..."

      Delete

what do you think?